What you should know before recycling your device:
Before you mail or bring your mobile devices to a drop-off location, please ensure that:
- The account for the device has been fully paid and service has been deactivated.
- You have unlinked or logged out of any accounts linked to your device, like Cloud services, Facebook, Google (or other e-mail services), and any bank/credit accounts. If the device no longer powers on, try logging in to the account on a different device and see if there is an option to “sign out of all other devices/sessions”.
- Your device has been cleared of all personal information. Refer below for instructions on how to wipe your device.
- The SIM card is removed if there is one.
If mailing your used device, be sure that the device (and its accessories, if applicable) are packaged in a box or envelope using protective materials and securely attach a label to the box or envelope with its barcode visible. Click here to print a pre-paid shipping label.
Don’t forget to clear your device of all personal information before recycling!
More information about recycling other types of electronic products is available at:
- Alberta – Alberta Recycling Management Authority
- British Columbia – BCrecycles
- Manitoba – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- New Brunswick – Recycle NB
- Newfoundland and Labrador – ReThinkWasteNL
- Nova Scotia – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Ontario – Ontario Electronic Stewardship
- Prince Edward Island – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Quebec – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Saskatchewan – Electronic Products Recycling Association