What you should know before recycling your device:
Before you mail or bring your mobile devices to a drop-off location, please ensure that:
- The account for the device has been fully paid and service has been deactivated.
- The SIM card is removed if there is one.
- Your device has been cleared of all personal information. Refer below for instructions on how to wipe your device.
If mailing your used device, be sure that the device (and its accessories, if applicable) are packaged in a box or envelope using protective materials and securely attach a label to the box or envelope with its barcode visible. Click here to print a pre-paid shipping label.
Don’t forget to clear your device of all personal information before recycling!
More information about recycling other types of electronic products is available at:
- Alberta – Alberta Recycling Management Authority
- British Columbia – BCrecycles
- Manitoba – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- New Brunswick – Recycle NB
- Newfoundland and Labrador – ReThinkWasteNL
- Nova Scotia – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Ontario – Ontario Electronic Stewardship
- Prince Edward Island – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Quebec – Electronic Products Recycling Association
- Saskatchewan – Electronic Products Recycling Association